Developing a new spa
When developing a new spa, there are many different things to consider. Regardless of the type of spa you are going to launch, you need to capture the essence of what makes a spa a great spa – and the consultants at The Spa People can do just that.
While spas may be relaxing, exclusive and even glamorous, the legwork involved with developing a new spa isn’t. If you are looking for experienced consultants that can take care of every detail from inception to opening, partner with The Spa People. Over many years of managing and setting up spa operations in the 5-star hospitality market in South Africa, Kenya, Ethiopia and on American cruise ships, we have learned what it takes to develop a successful spa.
Some of the things we can help you with when developing your new spa:
- Spa consulting: We offer spa development consulting services that span from helping you with your business plan to creating a 3-year financial model. This includes a basic spa offering including product choice and treatment prices (a competitive analysis is offered).
- Design and concept: Our initial investigation and conceptual planning will result in a brand new spa concept, philosophy, design and layout for your spa.
- Architect plans: You need an architect that can bring your vision to life. We have established relationships with some of the leading architects in Africa who have vast experience in blending the right mix of simplicity, exclusivity and luxury to create striking, unique and memorable spas and salons for our clients.
- Project management: Throughout the design and development, we provide on-site supervision to ensure that the work is performed according to drawings, specifications and design concept.
- Décor: Your guests are likely used to receiving world class spa treatments in some of the most stunning spas in the country (and around the world). Your décor needs to portray your spa’s personality and uniqueness. We can set you up with acclaimed interior designers and decorators who will work with us to make your dream a reality.
- Product procurement: We can help you determine the best possible equipment to be used and we will recommend the most appropriate type based on need, quality, durability and the desired image.
- Operational assistance: We will work with you to establish operational protocols and marketing strategies in preparation for the launch of your new spa.
We also provide 1 -3 years of on-going Spa Operational Management for and on behalf of the Spa Owners. If you need the right people to take the reins and organise feedback meetings, ensure all critical decisions are made in a timely manner, monitor all potential risks and more – we are the team you need to partner with. Contact us to find out more about how we can help you develop a new spa.
Back to spa consultants